Organization: Sesame Workshop India Trust
Position: Project Associate
Application Requirements: CV, Cover Letter
Sesame Workshop India Trust is leading the movement to change the educational paradigm through its innovative projects that puts children at the center of development. Under our flagship initiative Galli Galli Sim Sim , we work in low resourced classrooms and communities to bring children and their caregivers’ language and strategies that have proven impact on their literacy, numeracy, physical wellbeing and social emotional skills. Since 2007, we have reached over 5 millionchildren across India in partnership with the government, other nonprofit organizations and the corporate sector in our mission to help kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder.
The Project Associate will work as an employee of Sesame Workshop Initiatives India Trust. The primary responsibility of the Project Associate is to work with the program team for the efficient and effective implementation of the programs at Sesame. S/he will provide support to the content and research in creating contextually relevant content and conducting research respectively. The staff will provide training and guidance on processes followed for the successful implementation of programs.
The basic function of the Project Associate is to oversee the day to day implementation of the assigned programs. This position assumes responsibility for timely & accurate implementation, highlighting of issues faced on the field, providing solutions, regular reporting and documentation and providing support to the other teams like content and research for the successful and timely implementation.
The key responsibilities of the Project Associate will include and is not restricted to:
- Program implementation & monitoring (40%)
- Support in identifying partners to implement program on ground.
- Co-ordinate and provide support to project partners on regular basis for updates and deliverables.
- Lead and co-ordinate trainings – includes planning, logistics, delivery of materials etc. Provide training reports immediately upon completion of training.
- Manage project operational requirements – includes contracts, timelines, payouts etc.
- Co-ordinate dispatches (kits, audio-visual content etc.) as per project requirements.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to each project site and share reports.
- Undertake weekly calls with field team to take updates and escalate issues, if any and provide solutions.
- Documentation & Reporting (30%)
- Coordinate with field team and partners for regular reporting and documentation.
- Review, and consolidate reports for internal review and feedback.
- Identify and write case studies.
- Support in preparation of donor reports as per project requirements.
- Maintain and update relevant project files and documents.
- Support the M&E, research, and content team for any requirements for project.
- Provide support in data analysis.
- Support & others responsibilities (25%)
- Dissemination through events, press releases, brochures, newsletters etc.
- Co-ordinate visits or events.
- Provide support to program team on any additional requirements for other projects as and when assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Manage the properties of Sesame issued in field & be responsible for safe keep, recording, tracking & reporting on such assets & properties.
- Reporting (5%)
- Weekly updates to Director of Programs & Program Manager.
- Regular escalation of issues from the field & related to implementation to the immediate supervisor.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter & highly motivated and have the following essential competencies & skills
- Understanding of the NGO operations & sub grant agreements.
- Experience of program monitoring & reporting.
- Experience of interacting with Government departments, Officials & Government field functionaries.
- Ability to manage partners & vendors against their budgets & deliverables.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams.
- Excellent in communication – document, presentation, summaries, reports.
- Expertise in spoken and written English and Hindi.
- Willingness to travel regularly for work requirements.
- Capacity to deliver quality work on time as per deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Highly organized, energetic, motivated and committed.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, communication, education, psychology or related field.
- At least three-four years of work experience in an international or large national NGO in similar profile.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and market
Date of Joining: Immediate
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹400,000.00 /year
- an international: 2 years
- Project Management: 1 year