Name of the Company : Advance Group of Companies
Job Title : Manager Legal
Department : CMD SECC
Grade : M1
Reporting to : Director
Team : NA
Location : Head Office, Rajokri, New Delhi
To act as the first point of contact for Managing Legal Compliance for the Group. Managing Legal Function at Corporate Level and external associates. To closely work with Director on Litigation matters both civil/ criminal, Arbitration, Contracts Management, issuance of notices and general advisory work.
· Assisting in the management of litigation matters ,drafting legal notices, document drafting and reviews .Investigating the facts and circumstances of each case , primarily through internal contacts and resources , including contacting regional offices, regional lawyers to chronicle events and assist in gathering information on legal cases to enable taking quick effective legal action.
· Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database, confirming case status with attorney.
· Organizing and tracking information in a timely manner to produce litigation-related reports.
· Assist in handling corporate litigations, criminal cases and disputes
· Supports case preparation by conducting adequate case law research, preparing case summaries and organizing materials for team case review.
· Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits
· Updates job knowledge by adequate research and reading professional publications.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/ SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE
1. B.A LLB/ LLM or BL
- Knowledge of Civil Law, common law principles of Contracts and handling Litigation matters is must
- Knowledge of Criminal Law is must
Knowledge of PowerPoint Presentations. Must have exposure to either Office 2007 or Office 2010 in Windows 7 environment. Should have excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills with in-depth detail orientation. Should have thorough knowledge of corporate and allied laws with specialization on Companies Act and Rules, Processes and Guidelines there under. Should have hands on experience of all types of documentation and record keeping under various sections/rules under the Act. Should have exposure of handling corporate legal matters with hands on experience of drafting various kinds of legal agreements/ contracts/JV agreements etc. Should have excellent communication skills to deal with various internal and external associates.
Skills/ Competencies Required:
- Experience in handling high stake corporate litigation and dispute resolution
- Excellent in drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple and changing tasks simultaneously while maintain a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust legal notices, correspondence, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information and handle work with utmost integrity
- Excellent communication skills in English. Fluency in a second language would be advantageous
Should have around 5-8 yrs. of post qualification experience in Corporate Legal job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹40,000.00 /month
- New Delhi, Delhi
- Legal: 4 years
- post qualification: 5 years
- Address India